About This Product
Blueprint for Workers Comp Cost Containment provides insight and solutions for controlling and even reducing workers' compensation costs and premiums. This book will pay for itself over and over again.
Whether you are seeking to overhaul your own worker's compensation program or help a client fine-tune an already effective program, Blueprint for Workers Comp Cost Containment gives you insight and solutions for controlling or even reducing workers' compensation costs and premiums.
Drawing upon his 20 years of safety and claims management experience, author Martin F. McGavin gives practical, real-world advice that risk managers, HR managers, insurance buyers, insurance producers, and consultants can put to immediate use.
Blueprint for Workers Comp Cost Containment covers these topics.
- Designing Your Insurance Program
- Understanding Reserves and Estimating Losses
- Integrated Disability Management
- Finding a Claims Management Partner
- Understanding Claim Service Pricing
- Managing Your Claims Adjusters
- Using Performance Measurement and Cost Allocation
- How E-Business Changes Workers Compensation
- Determining When Claims Are Covered
- Recognizing and Responding to Different Claim Types
- Effective Employee Communications
- Managing Workers Compensation Medical Care
- Making Independent Medical Evaluations More Valuable
- Avoiding Federal Liability From Absences
- Writing a Leave of Absence Policy
- Designing an Effective Return to Work Program
- The First 48 Hours After an Injury
- Managing Litigation to Win Cases
- Successfully Defending Occupational Disease Claims
- Getting Results from Vocational Rehabilitation
- Controlling the Cost of Permanent Partial Disability Awards
- Using Private Investigators to Limit Fraudulent Claims
- Negotiating Fair and Reasonable Claim Settlement
- The Eroding Exclusive Remedy: Avoiding Civil Liability
- Subrogation: Recovering from Third Parties
- Plant Closings. Layoffs, Acquisitions, and Other Special Situations
- Safety Basics
- Managing OSHA Inspections
Free Subscriber Newsletter
This valuable resource is included with your subscription at no additional charge.
Electronic Owl Newsletter
Your purchase of an IRMI reference product includes a complimentary subscription to The Electronic Owl e-newsletter. You'll receive a monthly update with links to new content and tips on how to get the most from your IRMI resources.